Monday, December 6

Our Little 11 Month Old

Our Sweet Girl is now 11 months old!! It's hard to believe that this time last year I was praying she'd arrive after winter break... and that I wouldn't slip on the ice. It's hard to believe that Adelle is now eating from the table with us more and more, that she is standing on her own for a minute or longer, that she is speedy stair climber, and that is fitting into her 12 month clothes with no problem!

She loves veggies, especially steamed broccoli and cauliflower though she likes squash, beans, peas, and carrots too. Her favorite fruit so far is apples, but we can't get her to eat any from the table yet. From the jars, she likes pears, bananas, blueberries and raspberries. Turkey and chicken are delicious meats and Mommy is scared to give her steak yet - I think it's too tough. Her new friend, Bennett, introduced her to the yumminess of Gerber 'Lil Crunchies. No matter what the flavor, we can't give them to her fast enough. Another thing we can't give her fast enough... pancakes!! She doesn't like them with syrup, but she will devour them plain!!

As for her standing - it's on everything or just in the middle of the room. When it's time for her to get down, she will let herself down VERY easily. She is so adorable!! I think the longest I've timed her was this evening at 1 minute 25ish seconds!! She looked at me, smiled, then sat down. Stinker!!

When we have her climb the stairs, because it is an activity she loves, she goes all the way up in a blink of an eye!! Then we bring her back down, and she does it again! She will now stand at the rungs of the banister, look at us and smile. It melts my heat every time!

I just can't believe how big she's gotten this year!! My little one, my Sweet Girl!!

3 comments:

  1. It was so cute the other day when she was waving at you and Bri between the posts of the railing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how fast they are growing???!!!!!! I can't believe it myself!!! Big plans for Addie's bday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No big plans Anika. Just a little party with our families and her god parents. We won't do anything bigger until she's able to remember it!

    ReplyDelete