Tuesday, March 30

12 Weeks = 2 Months 4 Weeks

So I understand the fact that we celebrate our birthdays on the day we were born every year. But I am still learning how to tell people how old Adelle is. The doctor wants it in weeks and normal people want months. I can do both, but sometimes they don't line up and sometimes the doctor wants to use both: he wants to see her at her 16 week/4 month appointment. Well, we have that set up for May 5th; Adelle will be 4 months and 3 days old, but she will be 17 1/2 weeks old. I know it's because we have 5 weeks in some months and 4 in others, but it's strange how we "lose" a week here and there. Oh well.

Adelle is growing!

Anyway, however old she is in weeks, she will be 3 months old on Friday. I am SO excited that she is getting bigger! She is talking A LOT more and I love listening to her. She cracks herself up when she's talking which makes me giggle too! She is starting to grab things and hold on tight - my shirt, her shirt, my hair, Grandma Dottie's necklace, strings, and toys. We still don't have a whole lot of toys, but we have some she enjoys looking at and grabbing. Plus, where would we put them?! She is still looking around, as curious as ever, but now you can tell she is looking at something. Really focusing on it, because before you tell she was just looking in the general direction of someone/thing. She loves to kick her legs and swing her arms too. She usually moves her left leg more, but I'm hoping that her right will catch up to the left! :) Oh - and she is starting to roll over!! She has done it a couple times before but it hasn't been consistent and there has been a long period of time in between rolls, so we didn't really think anything of it. BUT, she has now rolled onto her side (left side) a couple of times a day for the past week or so!! You can tell she really wants to keep going and just can't. YAY! Another YAY is that Adelle has grown out of most of her 0-3 month clothes!! She is really growing fast! I put on a sleep n' play and she stretched out and I looked at her little foot... her foot was about an inch longer than the foot that was sewn into the outfit and the shoulders were a tad tight. Poor thing! So I put her into a 3-6 month outfit and she looked SO much more comfortable!!

As for me and Brian, we are doing well. We survived our first conference nights at school with a child so I am hoping it will only get easier. It was really tough not to see Adelle all day (12 hours)!! I am now on spring break and getting to enjoy my sweet girl all day for a week! I am so excited!! Oh, Brian and I have also come up with a gym schedule so that each of us can go while the other watches Addie. We hope it will work out (no pun intended).

I will leave you will pictures of Adelle - SO CUTE!!



















2 comments:

  1. Adorable! She's so cute!

    Ava grips my hair on a regular basis as well - ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I LOVE the picture of Adele in the wig! :)

    ReplyDelete