Tuesday, March 16

11 Weeks Old = 2 Months 3 weeks

Adelle is getting so big!

It seems like yesterday when she was so tiny and barely fit into newborn clothes - now she has out-grown the newborn size and is loving the 0-3s that she is stretching out. Some of the one-piece outfits are snug!! I have also discovered that she likes to make it hard for Mommy to take her legs out of the sleepers. She'll straighten her legs, bend them, then straighten them again really quickly - she's playing and I love it!

She is making more facial expressions now, copying what we do to her. I love the looks she makes and can see me AND Daddy in them! My favorites include "the look," the beginning of a cry or her pouty face, and any smiles she makes.

Adelle has rolled to her side a few times, but it still isn't consistent. I get so excited that she did it that I think I scare her into rolling onto her back again. I'll have to get a picture of it sometime - if I'm fast enough.

She has begun to discover her hands too. She'll suck on them, open them really wide and wave them around, hit me with them while she eats (or the bottle), and she LOVES to grab things!! They are usually things that are on her, like straps to her overalls or the straps on her car seat, but she has started grabbing my hair and clothes. It is adorable!

When she grabs things she brings them right to her mouth. This is not so adorable! Right now it is ok, because we don't usually have anything crazy around her, but it is funny. We will be wiping her face - because she drools like mad - and she'll grab the kleenex or cloth and try to put it in her mouth. Let the tug-of-war games begin!

She drools. Like mad. Sometimes we have to put a bib on her or wipe her face constantly because she just smiles and drools - all over the place.

Adelle is also sleeping a good amount of time during the night! She's been sleeping almost 7 hours!! Sometimes she'll sleep just 5 hours but I will take what I can get! She'll also usually wake up to eat then go back to bed right away, so that has also been really nice.

She likes to stand and straighten her legs. She likes to sit with you and look at things. She is very curious and takes everything in! Sometimes while she is looking around, she is very quiet. Other times she is talking away, telling you what she thinks. It is so wonderful to hear her little voice! Squeaking, gnawing, grunting, cooing - I love it all!

Geepers, I just want to cuddle with her!! She is growing so fast!!

p.s.
Grandma Dottie and Grandpa John took Adelle for her first walk outside on Sunday! It was about 60 degrees here and they took advantage of the warm weather. They also sat on their porch with her for a bit. Adelle just looked around but seemed to really enjoy it! YAY for warmer weather and YAY for Grandparents!

3 comments:

  1. It seems as though our babies are developing much the same!

    Ava has been drooling like crazy also, to where we've been considering bibs also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They grow so fast! Welcome to the ponytail club. :) I am trying to teach Scott that pulling out mommy's hair is not nice...he thinks it's funny. Wow, almost rolling over already! Go Adelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, love the new background!!

    ReplyDelete