Sunday, November 29

Thanksgiving x2

We both love our families dearly, but it is really tough to try to see them both on holidays. We have been trying to figure out how to do it for the past few years and had given up... until this year. We HAD to figure something our because neither one of us wanted to run around with a baby next year.

We celebrated on Thanksgiving Day with Brian's family. It was wonderful! Brian was able to hunt in the morning and then meet up with us later for the actual meal and play time with Isabelle (our beautiful niece). Alright, we also got to hang out with Mike, Danielle, and some other wonderful family and friends. It was great - Isabelle even got to ride a horse!!

Then, Friday we celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. It was the first year that Brian and I have hosted it and we hope we started a new tradition with it. Everything was pretty much set before we went to bed on Thursday night so we got up and did a quick shopping run and then played wii. The only part that was stressful for me was the turkey. For some reason, maybe it was the heat in the roaster, the turkey split - three ways! First, the legs split then the middle (back) of the turkey split both length wise and width wise. Like I said, for some reason this was very stressful for me. I thought it meant we did something wrong so when my dad called and asked how I was doing I just started crying and told him about the turkey. He said everything was ok and that he would look at it when he got there. He did and it was fine but it still made me nervous! Oh, and I forgot about the potatoes until 30 minutes before dinner. Oops! Thank goodness for my wonderful husband and my quick cutting sister, the potatoes were done before I could worry.

Both meals were wonderful and we were blessed to be able to celebrate with both families. Just think... next year we will have another little blessing at the table with us!

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment