First off, I know it's been a while. I apologize and I will {try} to get back to posting on a regular basis.
Starting now.
I have a Nook. I love my Nook! I got it right after reading The Help because I lugged that {wonderful} book around with me and it was a heavy addition to my already anvil-like bag. So, I got the simple Nook. I love it - did I mention that?!
Anyway, I bought Kate Jacobs' book, Friday Night Knitting Club, about a year ago and didn't ever really have the time to read it. Especially with school starting, I knew I wasn't going to have the time, but I bought it anyway. I read a page here, a chapter there, but didn't get into it until about two weeks ago. My students were done testing and I was feeling like I needed to get lost in a world that wasn't my own. So I started reading.
I devoured Friday Night Knitting Club and wanted more!
It was difficult for me to read because I am a slow reader. I am slow because I have to see the words as pictures - a movie - as I read, or I get disinterested. I couldn't help but see the amazing characters Ms. Jacobs described, along with the smelling the creations or feeling the textures. I finished the book last week and immediately purchased Knit Two. I finished it tonight {and already purchased Knit the Season}. I want to see these books get made into {actual} movies! I would even settle for one movie!
Who has read it? Who was your favorite character? Who would play that character?
p.s.
Can someone put me in touch with Ms. Julia Roberts? She was once linked to a possible movie and I would like to bend her ear about it. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment