Monday, June 11

Dear God, We're Done, Right?!

Dear God,

Today I went to a funeral.

Today I went to a funeral for a 14 month-old child.

Today was the second funeral I've been to for a child in my family. The second! Another member of my family had their child pass away, but had a private service. That makes 3. Well the saying is that things happen in 3's, right? So my family is done, God, right?

My family is done having to feel this heartache. My family is done having to deal with all of the trauma. My family is done having to see little tiny caskets. My family is done having to feel the emptiness left behind by an innocent child who was taken from us.

I know we will never truly let go of all of the heartache. I know we will never forget our beautiful family members, or the joy they brought to our lives. I know we will never forget.

I know that you have a plan and that we need to have faith in you, but we're done, God, right?!

Sincerely,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment