I love the show!
It's really the only show I try to schedule things around and watch. I even turn off my phone! Last night they did a musical episode and it was incredible!! I don't think I'd enjoy musical episodes all the time, but we've gotten to glimpse into the near-death world of Izzy, George, and of course Meridith so why not Callie? I thought the musical choices were perfect and the way it all came together was powerful. I think I cried through most of it!
The cast members got to sing songs, or parts of songs and I was blown away by Sara Ramirez!! I know she is a Tony Award winner, but holy cats she can sing! In fact, I need to find music of hers on iTunes immediately! And I had NO idea that Kevin McKidd (Owen) could sing. His voice and Eric Dane's voices were very comforting and emotional at the same time.
WOW - What an interesting way to tell the story Shonda Rhimes!! It was awesome!!
Go here to watch the musical episode, Song Beneath the Song. Tell me what you think!
I loved the story, but found the music a bit unnecessary. I'm just not a bit fan of musical episodes for non-musical shows. Or Glee, for that matter haha!
ReplyDelete