Sunday, December 12

Christmas - Round 1

My Grandparents, Marilyn and Mac, were very much in love. They had a BEAUTIFUL and romantic love story too! Well, that love story resulted in 8 children, my Mom is one of the 8. The love story was instilled in their kids, so those 8 ended up having children of their own, which is why I am 1 of 22 grandchildren. The grandchildren range in age from close to 40 to 21 (I think) and some of us have children of our own! Adelle is 1 of 21 great-grand children.

Needless to say, we all can't fit into one person's house, so we get together at a dining hall (kind of) each year a couple of weeks before Christmas. That way, everyone can have their own traditions and we still have this one - getting together and seeing everyone.

It was a blast! Angie and Dale organized it this year, Brian and I get to organize it next year, and we had a lot of fun! It was Adelle's first time being around everyone and she did such a great job!! The only thing we didn't like was not being able to put Adelle down for a nap. There wasn't a place, so Brian went out to drive around with her. It worked out, but that is something to think about for next years' planning....

Anyway, here are some pictures from the event!
















4 comments:

  1. Wow ! That is quite a family tree!!!! :) How fun, though!!!!! Great pictures, too. :) ADORABLE outfit on Adelle!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anika!! That is just one side too!! My Dad's side isn't as extensive though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a fabulous tradition! I have to admit I'm a teensy bit jealous!

    Those family pics of the three of y'all are great! And I LOVE her boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete