Saturday, June 5

First Family Vacation

We took the plunge and went on our first family vacation. We went to Kansas to visit Brian's sister and her family. We've wanted to visit for some time and finally had the opportunity.


We left for Kansas right after Adelle's fever had dropped. The doctor said that if she had it for longer than 24 hours to call and it went away before we left. It didn't hurt that she would have the opportunity to sleep all the way down there either!


Anyway, while we were down there Adelle had many firsts! The obvious one would be the car ride down there - it was the first time Adelle had been in a car for longer than 2 hours. She did really well!


She got to swing for the first time.


She got to go swimming for the first time.


She even watched her first minor league baseball game. BTW - the stadium was awesome! The seats were huge with lots of leg room, and the seats we had were perfect! I am very happy no one fouled in our direction!!


The one first I could have lived without though, would be her first trip to the ER. When we got to Kansas, I picked her up and she was burning up. I took her temperature and it was 101.5! WTF!?! The next day, around the same time, we took her temp again and it was 101.8. We called the nurse line and the doctor on call told us to take her in just to be safe. So, we took her to the ER in Kansas. She was enamored with the doctor and didn't fuss when he was listening to her heart or when he was looking in her ears. She was awesome! I even asked her if that meant she was going to be a doctor when she gets older. She smiled! He said to keep giving her acetaminophen and follow up with our doctor at home. We left soon after we returned from the ER because we thought it would help being at home when things that are familiar to her. Say and think what you want, but I believe that she knows she isn't at home!!


Our trip was very short, but it was wonderful to see everyone! Isabelle was adorable with Addie and called her, "Baby Dell." Baby Gabe is super cute - squeaky and so tiny! I can't even remember when Adelle was that teeny!! And, as usual, Danielle and Mike were wonderful hosts. Thank you for letting us stay. You are wonderful!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww - poor baby (and mommy!). Ava is sick right now, so I totally understand how terrible it is!

    The other firsts are awesome, though! I've yet to get Ava in a swing, but I hope to soon!

    ReplyDelete