Friday, May 28

First Fever

Well, Adelle got her first fever. We didn't really think anything of it because it was 100.1 and we're not supposed to call the doctor until it hits 100.4. We ended up giving her acetaminophen and calling the doctor a couple of times.

I was very distraught because I didn't know how to help her. I mean, I changed her, let her sleep, fed her, but it felt awful not to be able to make her, "all better."

Now that she has gotten her first fever though, I feel comforted to know that we did everything in our power to make her feel better. I am also happy to know what she is like when she is sick. I know that babies (and adults) act differently depending on what is wrong, but I am happy to know a little about what comforts her when she is sick. This is something I never wanted to know, but am happy I know it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment