
I mean, I have 6 weeks of maternity leave. That is it! 6 weeks to get my little girl into routines strong enough for someone else to take care of her. 6 weeks to get to know my little girl. 6 weeks to heal. I understand that, medically, I should be fine by the time 6 weeks rolls around but Adelle will still be really young! I would love to be able to stay at home with her, but I can't and that ultimately kills me, but shouldn't I be able to take more time off if wanted? Shouldn't I be able to take time off if I have the available days? UGH! I don't have to go back to work for a few more weeks, so I will enjoy every moment I have until that time!

BRIAN, however, had to go back to work today! He was only able to take off a week. Well, that isn't exactly true. He COULD have taken off 3 weeks, but we thought it would be better for him to keep that time available if Adelle gets sick or can't go to day care. Those are valid reasons, but really, only a week? One week to get to know your little one? One week to bond? That is ridiculous!

We miss you Brian! It's really strange being here alone, and crazy to think that it's because I am taking care of our daughter! I do like anticipating you walking through the door though! I am also picturing what that will be like in the years to come - so sweet!
I love you and come home soon!!

This last picture was taken AFTER Daddy got home from work. She went right into his arms - adorable!
No comments:
Post a Comment