Well, we went to see Dr. H yesterday. Everything was great - my weight, blood pressure, measurements, everything! He guessed that Adelle weighs about 7.5 pounds, which is just fine with me, and that things look good. He did say that, since last Wednesday, I am 90% effaced but still only 1.5cm dilated. Though I am happy that I have made progress with how much I am effaced, I am a little disappointed that I am still 1.5cm dilated. I would have liked to see more progress for the simple truth, I like progress. It doesn't matter to me if she comes this week or next, as long as she's healthy, but I like to make progress. Ya know?
Dr. H then talked with us about inducing labor and when he would do that and what he would do. Everything he said sounded fine with us and put our minds at ease about that. We then asked a few more questions about our birth plan, medicine once I am in labor, as well as the H1N1 shot. He looked at us when we mentioned that and said, "You haven't gotten one yet?!" We said that no one had asked us about it since October, when they didn't have any, and then we kept forgetting to ask him about it! But Brian had a physical yesterday and got one so it was on our minds. I got mine last night and I forgot how my arm feels after a shot. It was heavy all night. Oh well.
So, now I am off to run errands. Maybe the walking will stimulate some progress! Who knows - I just know I need to get this stuff done.
good luck! good luck!
ReplyDelete