Tuesday, December 1

Doctor Appointment and Baby Class #5

Mondays have been quite hectic for us but we have made it thus far! We start out the day with work, then go to a doctor's appointment - which are weekly now - and then to a baby class!

At this weeks' appointment, everything was great. My weight was great (though hard to see - as always) and my blood pressure was up from last time, but I was worried about something so we think it will go back down next week. I should also mention, that even though it was up, it was still fantastic. I had been having blood pressure levels in the 104/60 range and Monday it was 118/70 - yay me! The test for protein was negative and the doctor said my belly was measuring right on track. He checked my progress and told me I hadn't started changing yet, which bummed me out a little bit, but also made me relieved. Her due date isn't for another month and I want her to come when she is ready, but a month early seems too early, ya know? I was also tested for group B strep.

I mentioned above that I was worried about something, and I was, kind of. We've had the fortune of having two rather lengthy ultrasounds and I have loved being able to see our little girl grow, move, yawn and rest. However, I got nervous that she wasn't a she. Only the first ultrasound tech was "able to see" the girl parts while the other "couldn't see for sure". While the first tech was absolutely positive that our little one was a girl, when she asked us what we thought I didn't know - I couldn't be positive and she didn't explain it or show us something different to compare it to. I know that isn't her job, but it really would have been nice. Anyway, so we have gotten all of these girl clothes and pink items and I got scared that we would have a boy, thanks to a dream I had. UGH! So our wonderful doctor brought in the ultrasound machine on Monday and let us look at our baby again. He found the parts and asked us - why do they keep asking us?! - to tell him what we saw. All I could say was, "I don't see what I think I would see if it were a boy." Why I couldn't say the ACTUAL words is beyond me. I clearly reverted to my 3rd grade self when all of that was taboo and funny. Luckily our doctor has a good sense of humor because he smiled and said, "Well, we have to be a little more exact than, 'we don't see boy parts.' Here is the...." and he basically told us we are going to have a girl! I am not going to say EXACTLY what he said, because I just don't want to, but we definitely having a girl. I called my Mom after the appointment and told her "the news" and she just laughed and asked if we had a name picked out. I am so blessed to have people in my life who understand how cooky I can be sometimes.

After that we went to Chipotle for dinner since our class started pretty soon after the appointment, and I got a chicken burrito. Yummy! I generally don't get a burrito there because I can't finish it, but I was FAMISHED and ordered one anyway. Guess what happened?! Yup - I still couldn't finish it. I barely made it half way through it!! What was I thinking?! I felt really bad about wasting that but Brian and I picked at it a little while we were waiting for class to start so it wasn't too bad I guess. :(

Class tonight was all about newborns. We were given a doll and told one of us had to be holding the 'baby' all through class. This wasn't hard, except for the part where Adelle does NOT like pressure put on the belly! The only comfortable position for me to hold the doll in was toward the top of my belly and that wasn't comfortable because I was full and Adelle would start kicking. As soon as I moved the doll, Adelle would stop. And then I experienced my first contractions. WTH!? They weren't bad and I had read I might get them after cervical exams, but I guess I wasn't ready for the 2 hour delay. When I would feel them I would put my hand on my belly, close my eyes, and breathe. I only got a few, but they were close together - about 5 minutes apart. When I expected the next one, it didn't come when the others had and then I forgot about them and went on with class. Strange!

Next week is our last Birth and Parenting class and Brian and I can't wait! I don't even remember what we're going to be talking about, but we're both just happy that it's our last.

No comments:

Post a Comment