Friday, December 11

37 Weeks = Pain and Pressure

This week has been very busy for me and I have been super sleepy when I get home. It's actually kind of annoying because by 8pm I would like to go to bed and sleep the night away. However, that doesn't always work. Especially when I have an after school program to run, it decides to blizzard, and I have lots of planning to do.

Just think of it, I had two days of training that I had to plan for as well as start planning for when Adelle decides to arrive (which I still hope is during/after break)! I just like things done and want them done as soon as possible it's really hard to do that when you get exhausted so easily.

During one of my training sessions I had this last week I felt a type of pain in my lower abdomen all day! When I walked, when I was sitting, when I was laying... all day! Then I started feeling contractions, Braxton Hicks I am sure because they were neither regular or painful. It was just a pressure that I felt. Both the pain and pressure went away by the time I went to bed (8pm - no joke), but it made me nervous to feel that all day.

Though I want Adelle to come into the world when she is ready and healthy (and during/after break) I am hoping that at our next appointment, on Monday, our doctor will tell us that "I" am making progress. We'll see!

Adelle is growing:
Our baby is full term!! This means that if Adelle arrives now, her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away (yikes).

She weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard - what is that?!). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz. Just 21 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment