I have decided that today is the day that I will work on Adelle's closet, changing table and dresser. We don't have the dresser in the room yet because Brian wants to work on it some more. I guess I should sand it a bit so when he's home he can just stain, gloss and be done but I don't really know what I'm doing. I see a trip to Home Depot in my future!
Anyway, back to the clothes! And no, I don't have ADD.
We have gotten so many clothes since finding out we were pregnant - and since finding out Baby V is a she - that I really don't know what to do with them all. I am not sure what should go in the closet (and be hung up), what should go in the dresser (for me to lose track of), and what should go in the changing table.
I am assuming that all of the cute little dresses and outfits should be hung up in the closet - there are some things I know! I also thought that some sleepers, swaddlers, onesies, hats, mittens, and socks should go in the changing table for those 'quick' changes. The rest should go in the dresser then, right?
This is where everything goes fuzzy for me though.
I've had people ask me what size clothes we need still and what size we don't. Well for Pete's sake, I'm not sure; how many articles of clothing should we have per size range? And if I am supposed to know the answer to what size we still need, I need to have all of the clothes in one spot - or a list of everything we have. Don't get me wrong, I have already started a list but I am so incredibly anal retentive that if we get something new I write - oh who am I kidding TYPE the list all over again. Then I am afraid of keeping the list with me in my purse (and two at home of course) because I don't want to seem crazy!
So I sit here now, with some of Adelle's clothes on the floor and most in the closet wondering what I should do next. Go get more hangers so EVERYTHING can be hung up? Take down all of the onesies and shirts that will go into the dresser? Just separate things by size and figure it out from there? Or start my new list?
Ah the joys of organization!
No comments:
Post a Comment