Monday, October 12

28 Weeks = Putting Together the Crib!

This was an exciting weekend for me - we put together the crib!! Dad, Maria, Brian and I worked on it Saturday evening and it looks fantastic! The dark wood looks great with the pastel colors of the bedding!

The room itself isn't done, we still have a lot of work to do, but it's coming along. We have ABC flash cards that we want to hang up around the room, as well as get the dresser and lamp in there. Oh, and all of the clothes need to be hung in the closet again with all of the clothes we have gotten recently. Maybe I should start washing them so I don't spend all of December washing clothes before she comes home.... We need to find shelving for above the changing table and maybe some artwork. If you - whoever actually reads this other than myself - have any ideas, let us know!

Here are the before, during, and after pictures!

Before
We finished painting the room before we left for Kelly and Derek's wedding, but hadn't gotten back to it until this weekend. Golly, it's like we have jobs or something!



During
Yeah, Maria didn't know I was going to be taking pictures, but really, does she know me at all? I got the camera out and this one was great. She saw it and smiled just in time for me to press the button. I really do like this picture!

It's true, my Dad reads directions! He even stops to ask directions sometimes too - but rarely needs to. This is where I get my navigation skills from.

The three of them work so nicely together! I didn't want to get in the middle of things so I stood back and took pictures.


After
My heroes! THANK YOU SO MUCH for "helping" put together the crib! We/I really appreciate it!

The room looks pretty good, especially since we aren't finished with it!


Close Up Shots
Ahh... the changing table and curtain. I am not sure what is going to go on the changing table shelves (or what is supposed to for that matter) but I am sure I will change my mind after using it a few times. These are on the west wall of the room.

Here is a picture of the crib and trunk. I love how they look together and think that everything has tied in nicely. These are on the south wall for now.

Curtains are the bain of my existence. I will have to have another post for the curtains alone. In the mean time, here is a close-up of a part of it. It is white sheer with colorful little butterflies on it (that are 3D so you can touch them) and little leaves painted on.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bedding and am so happy that we got it!! It looks great, washes well, looks great.... I still love the animal bedding we were going to get, and still look at it when I am at BRU, but I am truly happy we got this one!

This is a picture of the ladybug pillow from Land of Nod and the Bride Teddy Bear that my friends Laura and Pete got us/me for our wedding (sans the bridal gown of course).

The cute flower and ladybug mobile that Bri found for us - it plays the Lullaby Song too!


Adelle is growing:
Adelle weighs about two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage - though what does a regular cabbage weigh?) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which sport lashes (hopefully super long and beautiful like her Daddy). With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. Just 82 days left!

1 comment: