Monday, October 5

Happy Weekend and Small Babymoon

This last weekend, Brian and I went up to the north shore for a friends wedding. It was cold and rainy when we left to check into our Duluth hotel and when we left for the wedding. It was warm and happy at the wedding (inside) though, then it was back to cold and rainy for the rest of the weekend!

The wedding was beautiful and we were so incredibly happy to be there! Kelly looked so beautiful and Derek looked great too!! :) Her flowers were perfect and I loved the centerpieces! The food was awesome and Brian and I kind of expected that from Kelly and Derek. They know good food and they wouldn't let us (or anyone) eat sub-par food! Steak, chicken, fish... yummy! Instead of a cake they had three types of dessert, apple crisp pie, vanilla bean creme brule, and a chocolate lava cake which was cupcake sized. Oh my goodness - it was so yummy!! I just wish that I didn't get so sleepy so early.

Since the wedding was Friday, Brian and I decided to make the rest of the weekend our Babymoon. A sort of a honeymoon before the baby comes. It was wonderful to spend quality time with each other and while it was raining the entire time, we made the most of it. Saturday we left for the Gunflint Trail. We made it to Betty's Pies for lunch and I had the greatest hot roast beef sandwhich!! I want one now in fact! Brian had only been there once before and we couldn't see anything because it was so terribly foggy that we had to turn around. Well this time, despite the rain and cool weather, we made it to the end and even got out to take a couple of pictures. Yes we had to stop a few times for me but it was worth it. On the way home we stopped for dinner at Sven and Ole's and a really great pizza! The crust is so good there!!

We made it back to our hotel in time to go swimming!! I was so excited! The pool was cooler than I would have liked it to be but it was so much fun swimming and floating in the water. Brian even enjoyed it! There were only a few kids in the pool and they stayed in the shallow end while Brian and I stayed in the deep end - where I could touch AND still have my head sticking out of the water!!! I don't mind that kind of deep end!! It was my first time wearing my maternity swimsuit and it was just fine, I don't know why so many pregnant women have such an issue wearing them.

Sunday we left for home and were able to stop at Toby's for caramel and cinnamon rolls. They are so good there - everyone stops for them! The rest of the drive was pretty much uneventful, which was great. We were happy to make it home though.

What a great way to spend the first weekend of October!

No comments:

Post a Comment