Friday, October 9

27 Weeks = I Think I'm Sick

We started off this week really nicely. We were relaxed and ready for the week. Now, however, I am not feel the greatest. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I am running around wearing sandals because my feet are so blasted hot. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the after school program that I oversee has started. Maybe it has to do with the weather. Or that I am pregnant. What about all of the above?

Thank goodness I don't have a fever or feel overly tired. Thank goodness for awesome soup like Boater's Stew - it stays hot for what feels like FOREVER! Thank goodness I know when to get rest, and then get it. Thank goodness for husbands who rub your back when you're not feeling well! :)

Because I am not feeling well, I haven't been noticing Adelle move as much - until tonight. Tonight she has been dancing all around! I am not even kidding - Brian even felt her! It continues to be one of the greatest feelings I've ever felt! Knowing that she is in there, then being able to feel her in there... it's awesome!

Adelle is growing:
Adelle weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals - though Mommy hasn't been able to tell when that is yet. She opens and closes her eyes, and she might even suck her fingers - or her thumb like Mommy. With more brain tissue developing, Adelle's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now - but we won't think about that. She will now start to hiccup too! Only 85 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment