Thursday, August 6

We'd Like to Introduce Adelle June!



On Wednesday we had an appointment with a perinatologist. We had this appointment because we wanted to make sure that things were developing well and on target with our little one. We met Sharon at the office and went in for a session with a genetic counselor first who talked with us about our family history as well as our medical histories. After that we went into the exam/ultrasound room. I laid down on the table and the technician squirted the gel onto my abdomen and started in.

Immediately we saw Baby V kicking and moving all over! It was amazing! The three of us were GLUED to the screen! Then the technician asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. Well, both of us said, "What?!" I think we were a little awestruck at that moment. She repeated the question and we both said yes. She said, "There it is, can you see it?" I said, "Is it a boy?" (I had NO idea what I was even looking at!) She said, "No! It's a girl!" Brian and I both teared up and we kissed and squeezed our hands together.


We're having a girl!

For the next 40 minutes or so little Adelle wouldn't cooperate with the technician! She just laid there with her head down and her back up toward us! Because of this the perinatologist wants us to come back in 4 weeks for another look, just to make sure things are developing well. He did say that things, as far as he could see, were great and there is nothing to worry about. Again, just to make sure of that we are going back. HOPEFULLY Adelle will cooperate so the doctor can see what he needs to see and so we can get a cute picture of her!

This is the same as the first picture... just with things pointed out!

We are extremely excited and can barely contain ourselves! Alright, I can barely contain myself!!

We are having a girl!!

p.s.
The tech also said we are measuring ahead... by one day! She said not to change my due date because Adelle could come anywhere from 10 before to 10 days after the due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment