Since today is our 16th week, our doctor scheduled a visit yesterday. We got there and my weight is going up nicely (although it is ALWAYS hard to hear I'm GAINING weight - but this is for our Baby...) and my blood pressure is great. They said they found a trace of protein in my urine but that is normal so I shouldn't worry about it.
Then it was time for another ultrasound. We were able to have another ultrasound because in 2005 I had a LEEP procedure done and Dr. Hartsough wanted to check my cervix to make sure things were ok - they were. Well, because we were looking at that we were able to see little Baby V! We asked to see if he could tell what we were having and he did look, but couldn't tell. (I am just going to use he so I don't use it.) His heart is beating 150-155 beats a minute, which is good. And we were able to see him moving around. Brian said that he moves around a lot just like his Mom. It was incredible! We were also able to see his heart beating and his spine and ribs! Oh - and a foot! It was like Baby V wanted to show us his foot because all of a sudden it was right there in the middle of the screen, clear as day!
Unfortunately, the machine he used wasn't able to print out pictures so we don't have any of the ultrasound to share with you. I would ask to go back and get pictures but I think I can wait the 3-4 weeks until our next one. I said I think... I am not sure though!
I am SO happy to know that Baby V is doing well. Dr. H said that things look great and that we are progressing very nicely and I might be able to feel the Baby move soon! That would be awesome since I am such a worrier! Then I would be able to know that Baby V is ok just by feeling him move! I know I'll probably regret this later but - when are you going to kick Baby V?
Baby V is growing:
Baby V is about the size of an avocado! His toenails are growing, his ears are just about in their final position, and the patterning on his scalp has begun - lets hope he doesn't get Mommy's colic! Baby V's heart is pumping about 25 quarts of blood through his little body every day! Wow! Just 168 days left!
No comments:
Post a Comment