Monday, July 13

15 Weeks and 2 Days = New Furniture!

So I have been a little late in posting because there hasn't been anything too exciting happening. This week - however - we hit the mother load!

We made it to 15 weeks on Saturday (yes that is right, we make it to each new week on Saturdays) and we couldn't be happier. We are into the 2nd trimester (see previous post) and things are still going well (I think).

We have asked our friend Bri to help us look for furniture on line because we are trying to save some money (we're having a BABY here people) and Bri is AMAZING when it comes to looking on line and finding quality things. So she sent us a few links for items and we were too slow for them. They sold before we were able to make a decision! So she sent us a few MORE links and we decided to send emails right away. Well, one person STILL hasn't gotten back to us (after almost a week) and the other person got back to us yesterday. Since our week is pretty hectic we decided to take a look at what they were selling and ended up buying the furniture! We got a BEAUTIFUL crib and changing table!! I don't know about Brian but I am BURSTING with excitement! I really want to put the crib together but I know that wouldn't be a great idea because once we find out what we're having we'll need to paint, but I want to anyway.



We went to his house in St. Paul around 6:30pm and took a look at the crib and changing table (with the help from his wife and 3 kids). They have a cherry finish and still look fantastic after 1 or 2 children and a move! Anyway, we discussed briefly and decided this was going to be Baby V's first furniture! We went back in talked about money and then called my parents to help us take them home because Brian's Accord just won't fit a crib and changing table and my parents live close (and are awesome)! ;) We ended up getting everything to fit and then stopped for ice cream at Izzy's for all of our efforts - YUMMY! After we picked out our cones we left for home.



We got here around 8:30ish and Maria, Dad, Brian and Mom helped bring things in while I watched and held the door. I felt like a bump on a log but it was wonderful to see everything coming into the room... it's starting to LOOK more like Baby V's room! Brian even has a trunk that we are going to keep in the room because it matches so well (sorry about the wonky picture though)!



After Mom, Dad and Maria left we went upstairs and just looked at the crib and changing table. My mind was racing with patterns and bedding, planes and ABC's and just general excitement.

What a GREAT way to start out our 15th week!


Baby V is growing:
Baby V is about the size of an apple. She is moving all around and she can move all of her limbs now too! Though there isn't much to taste her little taste buds are forming... I don't think she likes french fries because I still get an upset tummy when I eat them and I love them (oh golly, she's already taking after her Dad)! Only 173 days to go!

2 comments:

  1. I love love love the baby furniture!!! The cherry wood is so pretty! I know what you mean about wanting to set it up right away. I made sure we had the room painted before the furniture came in because I knew how anxious I would be to put it together! I can't wait to see pics of the nursery once you start getting it put together!! This is such an exciting time!

    Has your OB confirmed when they'll let you go for your anatomy ultrasound? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! It's so nice kids room furniture!! I like the color and design of this!!

    ReplyDelete