Brian has asked me if I would go hunting with him in the past and this weekend I finally agreed.
We woke up early on Saturday morning (4am) and got ready to go. We left the house around 4:30am and got to the woods around 5. We got out of the car, sprayed for ticks and bugs, and heard a couple of unmistakable gobbles. I got so excited to possibly see a turkey up close that I actually grabbed some stuff and power walked to the blind (which we set up Friday night). I was trying to be so quiet but it was terribly dry.
We got to the blind and I got in and set up my real chair - one of our tan lawn chairs that has a regular sized place to sit on - aka a comfortable chair. While I was getting situated inside, Brian put up the decoys. By the time we both sat down it was around 5:15 or so. We hear a few more gobbles and Brian did a few hen calls. Around 5:30 it started to rain and didn't stop until we left at 8.
I felt bad that we left at 8, but we weren't prepared for how cold it was. I was in long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, a flannel jacket and gloves and I was still shivering! AND neither one of us could stay awake! I was even nodding off while I was reading my book! To top it all off we didn't hear a single gobble since we sat down.
It was disappointing to tell you the truth. I really wanted to go out there with my husband and experience what he raves about when he goes hunting. Not the actual hunting part, but the nature part (ticks aside). Maybe I'll go another time and we'll be lucky enough to see some animals!
No comments:
Post a Comment