
Last night Brian and Bruce took me ice fishing for the very first time in my life!I had never wanted to: 1)be out on a frozen lake, 2)drill holes into the lake or 3)drive onto said frozen lake with a vehicle that someone uses everyday! But, this is something that Brian really enjoys and I want to at least try those things instead of shutting them out. So, yesterday we bundled up and got over to Bruce's around 3pm. We piled into the truck and headed for Prior Lake. We got there and Bruce and Brian took off their seat belts - a precaution - which, even though Brian had told me about it, really freaked me out. Another thing that would have really freaked me out, had it actually happened, would have been the creaking of the ice. I think it did, but I didn't hear it because it was covered with snow. We unloaded the truck, drilled the holes, set up the house and zipped ourselves inside. (When I say "we unloaded" I really mean "they unloaded" and I just did whatever they asked me to do!)

We only caught about 5 fish, but it was a lot of fun! I caught 2 fish and it was really neat to see my little spring bob when something was biting! I told Brian that I wouldn't mind going out again, as long as he didn't mind me asking him to help me put the minnows on or take the fish off. I am able to do it after a few times, but it still is really gross to me!
Who would have thought that I would actually go ice fishing... and like it!?
Good for you! And eeeew.
ReplyDelete~ Maria