Tuesday, July 8

One Teeny Bunny


The other day we were on our way to my Mom and Dad's house. We were meeting my little sister there and were going to take the puppies to the dog park. While we were driving on Edgecumbe (in St. Paul), next to the Highland Pool, when I thought I saw a big rock in the road. When I got closer to it, it hopped away! Brian had no idea where it went or even what it was, so I turned around. When I pulled over, I saw it in the gutter. I got out of the car and walked toward it to realize it was a baby bunny!! We have NEVER seen a bunny so small in our lives! Well it was so small and so cute that we had to bring Maria back (as long as she kept the puppies - a.k.a. Bunny Butchers - in the car). When we got back with Maria, she took out gloves, rubbed them in the grass, then picked up the bunny and brought it from the golf course to the wooded area. We thought it would be safer in the brush rather than on the fairway.


After bringing the bunny to the brush, we went to the dog park by HWYs 62 and 77. My Dad has dubbed it "The Kelly Sundsmo
Dog Park" because my friend (you guessed it) Kelly Sundsmo and her now fiance Derek told us about it. My Dad is goofy but I love him for it! Anyway, while we were there, we saw the puppies jump over a log. It was great because Zoey had to leap frog over it and Zack didn't even want to be bothered by the prospect of jumping. One thing we noticed was that there were no trash cans - anywhere - at the park! You'd think that with all of that poo around SOMEONE would want to put a trash can on the premisis. Maybe someday...

1 comment:

  1. It was so teeny!! The picture of the bunny in my hands doesn't even do it justice because the gloves are huge! As for the trash can at the puppy park, maybe they don't have one because emptying it would have to be the ickiest job ever.

    ReplyDelete