Sunday, April 1

Chutes and Ladders

Today we went to a park in Bloomington commonly called Chutes and Ladders. It got the name because there are a bunch of cargo nets and ladders, and whole lot of slides! I'm not talking about little slides either, I'm talking about slides that are 20 - 30 feet tall!! Granted they are twisty slides, but still - that's tall!! Not to worry if you have a toddler or a kiddo who is not fond of heights, they also have two or three areas that are perfect for smaller kids and more like typical playground equipment. They are also doing some construction and adding new equipment which should be ready to play on at the end of June.

Auntie M came to help ease the climbs for me - my eczema is really flaring up. I went up the ladders, aka cargo nets, with Adelle about 5 times and M went up with her about 20! She didn't want to go home because she was having so much fun!

The only down side to this park is that there are A LOT of other people there. Other parents don't watch their kids and some of them wreak havoc as well as try to climb up the slides. The teacher in me took over a couple of times and told two kids not to climb up because I didn't want them to get hit. They climbed up anyway then cried when they got hit! Geepers.











Anyway, Auntie M has some pictures that I need to get, and when I get them I will add them to the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment