Friday, December 31

Happy New Year!

Today marks the night when, one year ago, we were rubbing my unbelievably big pregnant belly and reading Harry Potter to our unborn baby girl. We were rubbing my belly, asking her to be healthy and to stay in there until she was ready. We rang in 2010 with a kiss and drifted off to sleep.

Today is one of those days where I look back at the incredible year I've had. I look back and realize that we've come such a long way and can't help but be proud of us. We welcomed a baby girl into the world. We've watched her grow and discover how to roll over, to sit, stand, and even walk along furniture. We've begun parenting and are learning as we go, but I am proud of us still.

I'd like to work on a few things this year though. Here is a little list of what I want to accomplish, kind of like a little Bucket List. I don't think I need to do everything this year, it's more of an ongoing list, but a list nonetheless. I got the idea from a fun blog I read, The Honey B Blog.

Getting to a Comfortable Weight
I've been dealing with my weight since I was little. I mean, I can look back to my 4th grade class picture and remember what people said when they saw the picture. I don't want to be a skinny minny, and in no way do I want to be a size 0, but I do need to lose weight. I really just want to be able to shop at Target in the regular sizes. I am JUST into the plus sizes, so hopefully this is a goal I can accomplish relatively quickly.

Become More Active
One way I can accomplish the weight goal is to become more active. I really like walking and going for bike rides, and I really love to go swimming! The thing is, I need to find a trailer for Adelle (for my bike), get really great shoes I only use for exercise, and I need to find a place I can swim. I really like to join LifeTime or the Y because they offer child care while we work out, but it's so expensive. I've also signed up for a Wii Fitness Group online who will support each other and offer assistance.

De-Clutter
Brian and I live in a townhouse. We don't have a lot of space as it is, and with a child, the space has been shrinking quite a bit due to all of the toys and outgrown clothes. I still have papers from when I was in high school and the first few years of college. Why do I still have these?! Then I have a whole lot of stamping/scrapbooking things I can get rid of because I haven't used them. We also have some small appliances we aren't using... having a garage sale sounds great, but maybe Craig's List or eBay would be better. Any suggestions/ideas?

Save More Money
We are working on our savings account and want to make sure we have enough in there in case something happens. I think it's self explanatory.

Cut Down Debt
This will work in conjunction with saving more money. We don't have a ton, but we don't want to let it run our lives. We want to make sure we stay on top of it, ya know?!

Finish My Masters
I started my masters the year I met Brian. I have yet to finish it due to finances, but I want to finish. It was fun learning all of those new things and to be finished would be so fantastic!!

Take a Trip to Maine
Brian and I wanted to take a cue from my parents and go on a second honeymoon to Maine. Mom and Dad RAVED about the lobster and the scenery when they went. Well, Brian really loves both of those things, as do I. We wouldn't go for a long time, but long enough to get our fill of lobster, hiking, nature pictures, and the LL Bean Outlet!

Scrap/Sew More
I love scrapping! I love making cards and working on albums. I have loved working on my sewing projects too! I want to set aside one day a week to work on those things. I am not sure if that will work with a one year old, but I can hope.

Baby #2
'Nuff said! We aren't pregnant but are thinking about trying again sometime next year. Who knows?!

I hope you have a wonderful new year! I hope it's filled with happiness, laughter, health and love! Stay safe this year and be well!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I love those goals - sound both achievable and worthwhile to me!!!

    Good luck, and wishing you an abundance of joy in 2011!

    ReplyDelete