Saturday, November 13

Adelle and Her Helmet

Adelle has been in her helmet since September 9th. She hasn't ever been bothered by it and generally wears it without fussing. At times she will play with the Velcro, but I think it's really because she likes hearing the sound it makes as it pulls apart, not because she thinks her head is being squeezed.

One of my students asked why she's wearing the helmet and I told him it was because she laid on one side of her head too much and it didn't grow right. He said, "Do you think that could happen to me and that I would need to wear a helmet? Last night I was so tired I think I didn't move. I even had a big drool spot!" I told him that his head should be just fine and that I did the same thing that night! He looked at me, smiled, and said, "Shoot, I really wanted the helmet but it's funny to know you drool!"

Awesome!

Anyway, we had Adelle's helmet appointment on Wednesday and Adelle has made excellent progress. If you remember this post about Adelle and her helmet, you will remember that she started out needing it because the diagonals of her head (from front to back) had a difference of 8mm. Well, on Wednesday we found out the difference was down to 4mm!!

We are so very happy that it is working and that she is growing! I was thinking that because she has been teething so much her head might not have grown enough to make even a 1mm change, but it did!!

Now she can keep running into things with her head and not hurt her head!!

1 comment:

  1. Kids are so adorable. I can't wait until Bennett starts talking so I can start recording the adorable things he says! :)

    Great to hear of Adelle's progress.

    ReplyDelete