We decided to give Adelle some Cheerios the other day because she was staring at our food and licking her lips. We were hesitant because she doesn't have any teeth yet! However, we set them on her little tray to see what she would do and... she just hit them and moved them around! We knew we needed to show her what to do with them, but we thought we would see if she just knew. Anyway, we showed her that she needed to pick them up and put them in her mouth, then chew them (we looked like dorks, but who cares). We picked one up for her and she opened her mouth and leaned in toward us. The 'O' fell onto her tongue and there it sat for about 30 seconds with her mouth wide open and concerned look on her face. She wasn't too sure about it! She then, I think, got tired of having her mouth open and closed it. She mashed it around a little while then leaned toward the O's! We gave her a few more and she mashed them - funny faces and all!!
Yesterday, I gave her a few while I was making her bottle and I came back to put on in her mouth, and she had already eaten 2!! Alright, she had really only eaten 1 because the other was on the floor. But she picked one up and ate it all by herself!
We are such proud parents!!
Love the cute font :) And the colors are so nice and girly! I am having a little trouble keeping your blog in my reader so I apologize for not having commented/read your blog for a little bit!! But I have unfollowed and refollowed and hopefully it's fixed. :)
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about trying B on cheerios too... I started giving him some Puffs last week and he doesn't quite have the pincher thing down and they are quite a bit bigger than cheerios, so I think we'll work on these first!!! He is so funny when you put it in his mouth too... he does a little bit of chewing and has this weird look on his face. I will have to get it on video and put on here. I've been such a slack!!!!