Tuesday, March 9

Part Vent and Part Asking for Help

I am chubby.

I know this and was starting to do something about it when we found out I was pregnant. We watched my weight throughout my pregnancy and it was fantastic, "right where it should be for a healthy pregnancy," the doctor said, "you're doing great." Now that I am two months out, I am right back where I started, before pregnancy, and want to do something about it.

This is where the venting begins...
I know a person who makes comments about people being fat all the time. This person says, "If you don't want to be fat, don't be. It's as simple as that. Make sure you're burning more calories than you are taking in. Simple." IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE for some people. When I was pregnant, we were talking about going to the gym to work out. This person asked a group of us if we exercise when we get home from work. Bring almost 8 months pregnant I said sarcastically, "Walking is enough exercise for me!" while I rubbed my belly. To this the person said, "Really? Do you think so?" So then I said, "When I get home I go for a walk with Brian then I have to sit down because I am exhausted - I'm growing a person here!!" They just smiled and walked away - WTH!

Another person I know really makes me upset because they often talk of, "fat chicks." When talking about giving birth and pregnancy they've said, "I don't know how any fat chick could do it!" When I heard this, Brian and I were just starting out journey and it made me mad because, well, I am said "fat chick." I wanted to prove this person wrong, and kick the person in the throat a little bit. I was also hoping that this person would visit us in the hospital so I could look at them and say, "What do you know, fat chicks CAN do it!" But they didn't come to visit.

UGH!

This is where I am asking for help...
I need and want to do something about my weight. I see the beautiful pictures Katie took of my family and all I see is that fat chick. I hate that chubby version of me! I need help. I need and want to go hiking, walking, biking, swimming, etc. I need and want to be active and good company will help!

So - does anyone want to set up exercise dates with me/us? I like to walk around the MOA when it's crappy outside and I love walking in general. Swimming is another favorite of mine but I can't do it that often because of my eczema (which is really bad now that Addie is here). I also love to go for bike rides, though I like a leisurely ride and not one that will keep up with Lance Armstrong.

If you want to set something up send me an email!

4 comments:

  1. First off, CONGRATS on losing your pregnancy weight! That's really fantastic and something you should be proud of!

    I wish we weren't states away because I've been looking for exercise buddies too. I love to walk, but I love to walk and chat/gossip more!

    A website that really helped me to track calories and exercise when I was pregnant is www.babyfit.com. It's free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, look at Addie! What and adorable peanut she is! :) Be proud of that!

    OK, weight. I think we all struggle with it, especially post-baby. At 2 months post-partum and having lost all of the baby weight, kudos! Breastfeeding will continue to help! It took 9 months to grow your beautiful daughter, so give yourself 9 months to get "your body back". Now, I am doing P90X. We are approaching the end of week 4...I have lost 1 inch in my hips and 1 inch in my waist. It is a lot of work, but I recommend it to anyone wanting to get in shape! But eating sensibley and BFing will do wonders. And if those girls say anything to you, slap them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will join you in August but right now chasing after an 18 month old and growing a baby is all the exercise I can handle. You are always posting about going for walks and that you are always on the move. I think just starting with simple goals, like a daily walk, is a good start with a 2 month old and back to a busy work day. Also, don't forget you are burning calories keeping up with your students all day long! I also heard that it takes the body about a year to get back to normal after having a baby so don't beat yourself up at just 2 months out...especially since you're already back at your starting point. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! I really appreciate all of the support. I am really proud of myself for getting back to my starting point so soon. I KNOW bfing has had a huge part in that, but I want to keep the momentum going. Brian and I are taking a walk every night and that has felt really great.

    B - I'll look into the website, thanks for the tip! I too like walking and chatting more than I enjoy just plain old walking!

    Connie - I'll also look into P90X. I hadn't heard about it until you posted that you were doing it.

    Nicole - Two words for you... PLAY DATE! That would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete