Saturday, June 20

12 Weeks = The Heartbeat

When we were at Dr. Malo's office back in May for our final appointment with him, he showed us something incredible. He showed us Baby V's heart beating. It was just that... incredible! I didn't think anything could top the way I felt in that office!

I didn't think anything could top that feeling until we were able to HEAR Baby V's heart beating!!! Oh my goodness that sound is amazing!! I cried instantly when I heard it because I knew things were going well. Since I haven't been sick, I'm not "showing" and I can't feel anything yet it is really hard to "know" that everything is going well. I know that I am doing everything I can to help Baby V grow and to protect him, but I want to hear the heart and feel the movements!

Coincidentally it was our first visit with our doctor. He is very nice and very soft spoken. He completed my exam and then let us hear the heart beating for a while. We heard mine... whoosh... whoosh... whoosh... and then we heard Baby V's... whoosh.whoosh. whoosh.whoosh. whoosh.whoosh. It was twice as fast as mine and it was the most amazing sound in the world.

We're parents and I love my little Baby V!


Baby V is growing:
He is about the size of a lime and weighs 8 - 14g. His fingers are moving, toes are curling, and if I poke my abdomen he moves! Well, I still can't feel it though. Only 196 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment